Sunday, August 15, 2010

VPID 05 (null) - Flight

Today I walked under overcast sky's. The air was warm and a very slight breeze pushed me up the hill that is 12th Street. I noticed something white in my peripheral vision and glanced to my right to see an absolutely white feather floating in the gentle air. What was interesting was that it perfectly paralleled my motion. It moved in perfect time to my steps. A tree planted in the median between the sidewalk and the street inserted itself between that small white bit of bird and myself. The feather reappeared once I had passed the leafy barrier, and continued unabated matching my movement step for step. Very slowly it began to lose altitude, and then incrementally it sped ahead until finally it settled to earth directly at my feet just as I stopped to watch for cars at the intersecting avenue. With a smile I stepped into the newly envisioned world that now appeared before me. Sometimes the smallest things have the most impact on me. Ah life.

No comments:

Post a Comment