Wednesday, August 11, 2010

VPID 04 (null) - Ocean Going Swans

Brighton Beach, New York - I'm in the water, which is warm/cold - looking out to the flat ocean surface, and I spy what seems at first glance to be a couple of outrageously ornate ships - far in the distance. However, when I focus more directly through the slight swells of the water I see that this apparition is only at most a hundred yards or so from my location, and these are not ships at all. Rather they are two swans swimming, with a purpose, toward the North away from Cony Island. Stunned, I felt it necessary to run up to the shore to share my vision with Georgina, possibly to assure myself that this was not some visitation of a far too active imagination, and possibly just to be able to share this highly unusual sight on the Atlantic shore. Swans simply do not swim on the ocean, or they never did before, yet now after all the evidence is in - they've decided to conquer new waters.

No comments:

Post a Comment